Glasgow Access Panel Promotes Access:
- Through working with Glasgow City Council, the Health Board, and with transport providers to ensure that major service providers consider good access from the beginning of developing or improving one of their buildings or services.
- Through helping individual disabled people to tackle specific access issues that they face. GAP’s approach is an enabling one – ideally we help the individual disabled person to take the issue up with the relevant organisation. At the same time we will take on greater responsibility if requested.
- Through developing specific projects to tackle the more common issues which disabled people face. This will involve joint working with other groups of disabled people and key stakeholders.
- Through raising awareness and changing attitudes in the public at large about the need for inclusive access.
Access Audits and Mystery Shopping Consultancy Service
Glasgow Access Panel have been providing Consultancy services, Access Audits and member led Mystery shopping services since 2005. We have a proven track record in supporting organisations and businesses to provide accessible services. Some of the organisations we have provided Access Audits for include:
- Glasgow City Council
- Scotstoun Leisure Centre
- Scotstoun Squash Centre
- Langside Halls
- Partick Burgh Halls
- Tollcross Aquatic Centre
- Glasgow Green Hockey Pitches
- Kelvingrove Bowling Green
- St Andrews First Aid Headquarters
- Garnethill Multicultural Centre
- Blairvadoch Outdoor Centre
- Volunteer Centre and Headquarters of Commonwealth Games 2014
- Strathclyde Country Park
- WASPs Artists’ Studios
- Partick Thistle Football Club
- Partick Housing Association
- Cathcart Trinity Church
- The National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
If you require an access audit for your organisation, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your information and requirements.
Disability Equality training
We have carried out training with:
- Royal Concert Hall
- St Josephs Care Home
- First Group
Consultancy advice services provided to individuals, public and private organisations. Please get in touch to discuss your needs.
Chapel Street Estate,
0141 946 8488